The last date to apply for admissions to various courses in Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) has been extended now. This is for the academic session 2018-2019. Earlier JNU admission deadline was October 13. The new deadline is now October 17, 2017 (till 5.30 pm).
Courses open for JNU admissions
The JNU admission process is being conducted fill research programs seats - 720 seats available in M.Phil/PhD courses-, 459 seats BA programmes and 1,118 seats in MA, M.Sc, M.Tech and MPH courses.
Points to note:
- It is recommended to use Internet Explorer version 6 or higher or Mozilla Firefox version 1.5 or higher as your internet browser.
- The last date for online application submission is Tuesday, October 17, 2017(5:30pm).
Details required for registration
In order to register to complete an application for JNU admissions, you will need to provide basic information about yourself. Your email address will serve as your login ID for the application. If you have more than one email address, we recommend that you use your personal address.
Application filling procedure
- Be sure to type your email address correctly as you will not be able to edit it later. You must also create a password which will enable you to logout and log back in to your application.
- It is not necessary to complete the application in one sitting. You will be able to save your work by clicking on any of the "Save" button. The "Save" button simply allows you to save your work but continue working on the current page.
- For security purposes, the application will time out if it is idle for 15 or 20 minutes. Be sure to click "Save" periodically to ensure that you do not lose any of your work. Typing on a page is not enough to prevent a time out, so save frequently.
- Complete your application with uploading of photos, sign and fee payment well before the last date & time of online application submission (i.e. Tuesday, October 17, 2017(5:30pm)) to avoid the last hour crisis and technical issue if any occurs.
- Only completely filled applications along with photo, signature and payment of required fee of the eligible candidates' will be considered.