The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to release the official JEE Main Answer Key tentatively on September 7, 2020, after the conclusion of the entrance exam on September 6, 2020. The official JEE Main Answer Key would be released along with the candidates' response sheet on the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates can use the Answer Key to estimate their probable scores.
Recommended: [To check your admission chances in NITs/ IIITs/ State colleges based on JEE Main scores/ rank, use JEE Main College Predictor]
Leading coaching centres like Resonance, Careers360, etc. have in the meantime released the Answer Keys using the memory based questions compiled from student feedback and inputs after the exam. The steps to download the official JEE Main Answer Key after it is released by NTA are given here.
Steps to download the official JEE Main Answer Key 2020
Candidates can download the JEE Main Answer Key 2020 as follows once it is released:
1. Visit the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in)
2. Open the link available on the window
3. Fill the JEE Main application form number and date of birth
4. Click on the submit button and view the correct answer key.
5. Download the same.
Candidates with any objection to the official JEE Main 2020 Answer Key can challenge the same within a given timeframe. They are required to pay Rs. 1,000 per question challenged and also upload proof in favour of their objection.
Steps to challenge the JEE Main 2020 Answer Key:
1. Login to the NTA website and click on the 'Challenge Answer Key' option provided and login.
2. Select the options by choosing the question id and the correct option. Then click on the 'Save Your Claim Finally' button.
3. Upload required supporting documents in PDF format.
4. Pay a processing fee of Rs. 1,000 per question through netbanking/ debit/credit card.
After considering all the objections, the NTA will declare the final JEE Main 2020 Answer Key in the form of a PDF that can be downloaded from the website. The JEE Main 2020 Result will be announced by September 11, 2020.