An official notification has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), detailing out the date and instructions for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2018.
JEE 2018 Exam date
The exam will be held on 8 April 2018.
What does the recent notification contain?
The notification released by the board covers details about the application process, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam venue to guidelines and code of conduct.
What does the official notification read?
"The Process of Online Application Form Submission for JEE MAIN 2018 will start from 01st Dec 2017 and the last date for submission is 01st Jan 2018. The fee can be paid up to 2nd Jan 2018. The examination of JEE (Main) - 2018 in pen-paper based (offline) mode will be conducted on 08th April 2018 and Computer Based Mode (Online) Examination will be conducted on 15th & 16th April 2018."
Aadhar mandatory for JEE candidates
It is important that the JEE applicants have an Aadhaar Card as it is an important document that will be needed by them at the time of the exam registration.
'CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of JEE (Main) 2018, and hereby notifies the following: 1) Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for JEE(Main) 2018 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof; 2) Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar,' an official notification from CBSE read.
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus
- -Sets, Relations and functions
- -Complex numbers and Quadratic Equations
- -Matrics and Determinants
- -Permutations and combination
- -Mathematical Induction
- -Bionomical Theorem and its Simple Applications
- -Sequence and series
- -Limit, continuity and Differentiability
- -Internal Calculus
- -Differential Equations
- -Co-ordinal Geometry
- -Three Dimensional Geometry
- -Vectoral Algebra
- -Statistics and Probability
- -Mathematical Reasoning
- -Physics and Measurements
- -Laws of Motion
- - Work, Energy and Power
- - Rotational Motion
- -Properties of Solid and Liquids
- -Kinetic theory of Gases
- -Oscillations and waves
- -Current Electricity
- -Magnetic Effects of Current and magnetism
- - Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- -Electromagnetic waves
- -State of matter
- -Atomic structure
- -Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- -Chemical Thermodynamics
- -Redox Reaction and electrochemistry
- -Chemical Kinetics
- -Surface Chemistry
- -General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- -Block Elements
- -Co-ordinate Compounds
- -Environmental Chemistry
- -Purification and Characterisation of organic Compounds
- -Organic Compounds containing Halogen