The registration process for JEE Main 2017 begins today, on December 1, 2016. The last date for registration is January 2, 2017. JEE Main is known to be one of the toughest entrance examinations in India. This year, the JEE examination will be held by Central Board of Secondary Education.
JEE Main is conducted every year for admissions into undergraduate engineering programmes (B.Tech) in IITs, NITs and other centrally funded technical institutions.
How to apply:
- Candidates can register for the examination on the official website of JEE, for which the link is jeemain.nic.in
- Applicants are notified to keep scanned copies of all the necessary documents, Aadhaar Card, email ID and mobile phone number with them before application
- Candidates are required to fill the application forms in the prescribed format only
- Candidates must take a printout of the duly filled in application form for future references
Important notifications for JEE Main registrations:
- No weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination
- For candidates to qualify for admissions into the NITs/IITs/IIITs and other CFTIs based on JEE Main/Advanced ranks should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- From 2017, states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions have joined JEE (Main) system for admissions into state run and affiliated technical institutions
- Candidates applying for JEE Main should possess Aadhaar Card for application process, failure of which candidates shall not be able to register, click here for details
- Applicants from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya who have passed or will be appearing in Class XII examination need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Who can apply:
- Candidate must have passed Class XII or equivalent examination
- Those candidates who will be appearing for Class 12 or equivalent can also apply
- Online registration process begins: December 1, 2016
- Registration process ends: January 2, 2017
- Last date to pay fee: January 3, 2017
- Date of JEE Main entrance examination: April 2, 2017