The registration for JEE Advanced 2017 ends today by 5 pm. Through JEE (Advanced), IITs offer admission into undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelor's, Integrated Master's or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Architecture, or Pharmaceutics.
When is the JEE Advanced 2017?
This year's JEE Advanced exam will be held on May 21, Sunday. The exam would be in two sessions; morning and afternoon. JEE (Advanced) 2017 is being organized by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras this year.
JEE Advanced scores will be valid for admissions into the following colleges:
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Dhanbad
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
- IIT Varanasi
JEE Advanced 2017 Paper Pattern
- In JEE (Advanced) 2017, comprises two mandatory papers.
- Each paper is timed for 3 hours duration. It has objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The question papers will be provided either in English or in Hindi.
What is the eligibility to apply for JEE Advanced 2017?
In order to apply for JEE Advanced 2017, candidates must possess the following:
- Should be among the top 2,20,000 (all categories included) in JEE (Main) 2017
- Should be born on or after October 1, 1992
- Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates
- Should not have appeared in JEE (Advanced) in 2015 or earlier
- Should have appeared in Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in 2016 or 2017. Candidates who wrote Class XII in 2015 are eligible if result was declared after June 2015.
- Should not have accepted admission at any of the IITs earlier.
How to register for JEE Advanced 2017?
Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017 must register online at the JEE (Advanced) web portal. It can be done by uploading the required documents and by paying the registration fee as detailed below:
Fees for Indian exam centres
- Female candidates: 1200 SC, ST, PwD candidates; 1200
- All other candidates: 2400 Late Fee: 500
Examination Fee for Centres in Foreign Countries:
- Candidates from SAARC countries: USD 135
- Candidates from non-SAARC countries: USD 270
- Late Fee: USD 80
OBC - NCL Certificate Declaration
The JEE Advanced 2017 portal has said that the candidate without OBC - NCL certificate (issued on or after April 1, 2017) is required to upload a declaration (Declaration in Lieu of OBC - NCL Certificate) to that effect.
About JEE Advanced 2017
Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced) 2017 is conducted for the admission to Undergraduate Programs at Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) across the country.