The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) has announced the list of candidates shortlisted for the second round of Master of Business Administration International Business (MBA IB) admissions at the official website.
The written exam was conducted on December 3, 2017, from 10 am to 12 pm, for admission to MBA (IB)course. A total of 1976 candidates have qualified for the next round.
How to check IIFT MBA (IB) result?
- Log on to the official website
- Under 'Latest updates', click on 'MBA (IB) 2018-20: List of candidates shortlisted for second round'
- A PDF file will open displaying the roll numbers and names of the shortlisted candidates
- Download the same and take a printout for future reference.
How is the selection process done for IIFT MBA (IB)?
- Candidates are selected based on marks obtained in written test, candidates will be called for writing skills, assessment, group discussion and interview to be held in January/February 2018.
- Foreign nationals will be shortlisted on the basis of their scores in GMAT and a personal interview.
IIFT MBA (IB) exam pattern:
- Candidates were given 2 hours to attempt a 100-mark paper which had a negative marking of 1/3 for every wrong answer.
- The exam consisted of four sections including quantitative ability, verbal ability, logical reasoning and general awareness.
The Institute was established in 1963 by the Government of India (Ministry of Commerce and Industry). According to IIFT website, the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organization to help professionalize the country's foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources, analyzing and disseminating data and conducting research. The Institute visualizes its future role as a catalyst for new ideas, concepts, and skills for the internationalization of the Indian economy. The primary provider of training and research-based consultancy in the areas of international business, both for the corporate sector, Government and the student's community. An institution with proven capability to continuously upgrade its knowledge base with a view to servicing the requirements of the Government, trade, and industry through both sponsored and non-sponsored research and consultancy assignments.