An official employment notification has been released by the Indian Air Force (IAF) calling out for interested, eligible candidates to apply for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) for men and Short Service Commission (SSC) for men and women in flying branch.
Name of the posts:
Commissioned officer in flying branch
Branch and course number:
- 203/18F/SSC/M & W
- Those who are interested in applying for this post must have graduated with minimum 3-year degree course in any field from a recognised university
- The candidates should have attained minimum 60 per cent marks or equivalent and have finished maths and physics at class 12 level or should have pursued BE/BTech
- Those who have cleared section A and B examination of Associated Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with minimum 60 per cent marks or equivalent are also eligible.
The age of the candidates applying for these posts must not exceed 24 years and must be minimum 20 years. Relaxation in age will be provided as per the government norms.
The candidates will be selected based on various tests and interviews.
How to apply for Indian Air force recruitment?
In order to apply for Indian Air force recruitment, follow the steps given here:
- The candidates interested in these posts are required to visit the official website of the airforce at www.careerairforce.nic.in
- On the home page, under 'Whats New', click on the link 'NCC Special Entry for Men and Women'
- Read the instructions given there and fill the online application
The last date for applying online is June 15
In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of
grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the
University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any
scheme for converting CGPA to percentage conversion certificate, CGPA will be converted into
10 points scale and multiplied by 10 to get equivalent percentage.