India Post has invited applications for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) for Bihar and Chattisgarh postal circles. There are a total of 3963 vacancies available. 1471 vacancies are for the GDS post in Bihar postal circle and 2492 vacancies in Chattisgarh postal circle.
The interested candidates can apply online for the selection as per the schedule on the official website. The merit list for the candidates for the GDS posts has been announces for the Odisha Postal circle.
The applications for GDS, submitted after the last date or incomplete application will be rejected. The candidates have to make sure that they meet the required qualification to be eligible to be selected for the vacancy.
Important date for India Post Recruitment 2017
- The applications began on September 20, 2017.
- The last date for the submission of online applications for Bihar Postal Circle is October 19, 2017.
- The last date for the submission of online applications for Chattisgarh Postal Circle is October 20, 2017.
Vacancies for India Post Recruitment 2017
- Bihar : 1471 Vacancies
- Chattisgarh : 2492 Vacancies
Eligibility Criteria for India Post Recruitment 2017
- The candidates must have passed class 10 or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- The candidate must posses knowledge in the area of computers
- The candidates are requested to check the official notification for more information.
- The candidate must be minimum of 18 years of age and maximum of 40 years
- For information related to age relaxation, please check the official notification
Selection Process for India Post Recruitment 2017
The selection procedure for the India Post Office Recruitment 2017 for GDS posts will be based on the Merit List.
Application Fee for India Post Recruitment 2017
- The application fee for the submission of online application for the recruitment is Rs. 100 for General and OBC categories.
- There is no fee for female candidates and candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH categories.
The fee is to be paid through offline mode at the Head Post Office.
How to Apply for India Post Recruitment 2017?
- Visit the official website of the India Post- www.appost.in/gdsonline/Home.aspx
- Check for the GDS notification
- Go through the notification to see if you are eligible for the post.
- Register your self through the the link for New Registration on the home page.
- Apply online with a register number
- Enter all your details and upload scanned photograph and signature
- Submit the applications
- Download and take a print out for future reference
- Pay the application fee offline before or on the last date