The Indian Maritime University, came into being through an Act of Parliament (Act 22) on 14th November 2008 as a Central University and is poised to play a key role in the development of trained human resource for the maritime sector.
There are 3 IMUs in Mumbai, 2 in Kolkata and one each in Chennai and Visakhapatnam.
Short-term courses and degree courses in nautical science, naval architecture, marine engineering and ocean engineering and ship building and repair ranging are offered by these institutions.
President Pranab Mukherjee, Governor K. Rosaiah, Shipping Minister G.K. Vasan and other officials from the Shipping Ministry would participate in the convocation, as per the officials of IMU.
- The Convocation fee should be paid through SBI core Banking challan to A/c No. 31771957029. [UG Degree: Rs.500 for both In-Person & In-Absentia. PG Degree/Diploma: Rs.1000 for both In-Person & In-Absentia]
- Payment is to be made only through SBI core Banking challan. No other mode of payment i.e DD, cheque etc. will be accepted.
- The University copy of the bank challan should be enclosed along with application.
- The duly filled- in application along with challan should to be sent to the following address by registered/speed post:
The Controller of Examinations,
Indian Maritime University,
East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai- 600 119
- Defective or incomplete application forms will not be entertained.
The convocation will be held on 22nd February, 2014.
For further details and to apply click here