The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has opened admissions for the JAM 2018. Interested and eligible candidates can now apply for it online.
What is JAM?
JAM stands for Joint Admission Test for MSc (JAM). It is held for admission to M.Sc. (Two Year), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree and other post-bachelor's degree programmes in IITs and IISc.
When is JAM 2018?
JAM 2018 will be held on 11 February.
Dates to remember
- Online registration for IIT JAM 2018 will start on 5 September 2017.
- Last date for online application submission and uploading of documents on the website is 10 October 2017.
- Candidates can expect the result on 20 March 2018.
- The exam, scheduled to be held on 11 February
- The exam will be held in two shifts: the first phase will comprise of Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- The second phase will comprise of Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH). The first shift will be held from 9 am and second shift will begin from 2pm
How to apply for JAM 2018?
In order to apply online candidates must login at JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link provided in JAM 2018 website.
What does the official notification read?
'A candidate can apply for either one or two out of the seven JAM test papers subject to the restriction imposed by the Test Schedule given in the Information Brochure or JAM 2018 website. The choice of the appropriate test paper(s) is the responsibility of the candidate.'