IIT Guwahati, is all set to conduct national conference on the topic 'National Power Systems'. The conference is organised by the Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering. Students can enroll themselves for the conference by visiting the official website of IITG.
The National Power System Conference (NPSC) is India's premier conference in the area of Power Systems. It is a biennial conference providing a platform for researchers and engineers from academia, industry and utility to exchange their knowledge, expertise and experience and deliberate on the challenges of current and future electric power systems. The main theme of the conference is "Towards greener, smarter and reliable electricity systems" and will include presentations from industries, utilities and R & D organisations. The conference will feature various plenary talks, panel discussions on power systems and presentations from industrial/ utilities/ R & D organisations.
Topics to be covered:
Conference welcomes papers on the following themes. However, papers related to other areas of electrical power which have not been specified in the under mentioned categories are also invited:
- Smart grid
- Wide area monitoring and network control
- Network communication & control
- Signal processing applications in power systems
- Design, development and placement of smart sensors in power system
- Next generation control centre: EMS/SCADA, state estimation and cyber security
- Storage systems for grid with uncertain resources
- Grid optimisation
- Static and dynamic component modeling
Information for authors:
The authors have to submit the full paper in the IEEE double column format, restricted to a length of six (6) pages. Detailed instructions and guidelines regarding paper submission will be made available at the following URL: http://www.iitg.ernet.in/npsc2014.Please note that only paper electronically submitted through the above portal will be considered for review.
- Delegates from industries/ utilities/ R & D organisation : Rs 8000
- Delegates from academic institutions : Rs 5000
- Student delegates : Rs 2500
- Delegates from abroad : US $ 300
- Last date for paper submission: 15 May, 2014
- Last date for notification of acceptance: 30 September, 2014
- Last date for online registration: 15 Novermber, 2014
- Conference starts on: 18 December, 2014
- Conference ends on: 20 December, 2014
For more details, click here.