IISc, Bangalore: Tomorrow 28th February, the famous Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is all set to host some stimulated and real demonstrations in its vast campus.
Interested visitors can walk into any of the 40 departments on the campus between 9 am and 5 pm. The The institute will be open on account of its annual tradition of showcasing the work of its scientists to the general public.
On this day, Bangaloreans will have the opportunity to explore the campus and attend lectures, demonstrations and exhibitions that will be held in the institute's various departments and centres.
To make things easier for visitors, volunteers from the Centre for Ecological Studies will be available near the ATM gate of the campus to provide assistance.
Interesting demonstrations that you can look out for are:
- Stimulated thunderstorms and lightning from the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- The Centre for Neuroscience will show a transparent brain and the model of the femtosecond laser, which is used in cataract surgery.
- The Centre for Ecological Sciences will hold nature walks.
- Visitors can also learn a bit about field ecology techniques such as navigating with GPS and tracking animals with radio telemetry.
- The Department of Chemical Sciences will demonstrate interesting experiments.
- Visitors can take part in a treasure hunt that involves a journey with puzzles leading the way.
- Documentaries on the lives of several mathematicians will also be screened.
- Apart from this, exciting math games will be held and complex mathematical ideas demonstrated in simple and fun ways.