IIM Calcutta successfully concluded its final placement process for the PGDM batch of 2017.
The entire process was completed, with 100% placement for the batch within a record three days, in the second week of February.
- There were total 474 top notch offers including a significant number of International offers.
- The highest domestic package was Rs. 70 lakh per annum, whereas the highest international package amounted to $130,000 per annum, reaffirming the belief of the recruiters in the talent pool of IIM Calcutta students.
- Finance sector continued to churn out the maximum number of offers thus strengthening the image of IIM Calcutta as the Finance campus of Asia. 29% of the total offers were made in this sector by top recruiters like Arga Investment, BAML, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JPMC etc.
- Consulting sector emerged as the second highest recruiter contributing to 22% of the total offers made. Top recruiters in this sector were Accenture, AT Kearney, Bain, BCG, McKinsey.
- General Management firms also recruited in big numbers this year. 15% offers were made in this sector by top firms like Aditya Birla Group, CK Birla Group, TAS etc.
- Sales & marketing roles contributed to 12% of the total offers, predominantly given by firms like HUL, ITC, P&G, Reckitt Benckiser etc.
- Apart from these, e-commerce and IT roles also contributed to 14% of the total offers and companies like Amazon, Wipro etc. hired in big numbers.
About IIM Calcutta:
The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) was established as the first national institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry.
Over the years, IIMC has grown into a mature institution with global reputation, imparting high-quality management education.
It has been playing a pioneering role in professionalizing Indian management through its Post Graduate and Doctoral level programs, Executive Training Programs, Research and Consulting Activities.
The vision of the Institute is to emerge as an International Centre of Excellence in all facets of Management Education, rooted in Indian ethos and societal values.
Over the past four decades, IIM Calcutta has developed into one of Asia's finest Business Schools.
Its strong ties to the business community make it an effective mechanism for the promotion of professional management practices in Indian organizations.
Today, IIM Calcutta attracts the best talent in India to its faculty and the best and brightest young men and women pursue its academic programs.
The residential experience is a foundation of the IIM Calcutta culture, which promotes teamwork and the building of lifelong relationships. Students and partners live on or near campus, making social events and shared activities a way of life.
Through a core curriculum which stresses general management skills and advanced elective and seminar courses, IIM Calcutta students have access to a preeminent faculty of thought leaders.
To its students, IIM Calcutta offers intellectual depth, abundant resources, and individual attention. To our alumni, we provide a lifelong connection to excellence.
To the world, we have a commitment to developing ethical and responsible leaders.
IIMC's ACCREDITATIONS AND RANKINGS:
IIM Calcutta is the only Management Institute in India with triple accreditation by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS, the three major international accreditation bodies for Business Schools.
It is also the only Indian school to be part of the prestigious CEMS Alliance comprising 30 top Business Schools from around the world.
This alliance is in addition to our existing partnerships with leading Universities, B-schools and renowned institutions such as Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University; Ivey Business School; Asian Institute of Management; etc. (A list of our academic partners across the globe can be found at (https://www.iimcal.ac.in/about/international-office/currentpartner-institutes).
An internationally recognized Business school, IIMC stood at rank no. 16 globally and 2nd in Asia in the Financial Times' Master in Management rankings 2015.IIMC was the top-ranked B-school in 'Finance' in Asia and 2nd in 'Economics' worldwide, in this list.