The Joint Admission Test (JAM) 2016 is conducted for admission to M.Sc, Joint M.Sc Ph.D, Dual Degree and other postgraduate degree programmes at IITs and IISc.
The online registration for Joint Admission Test (JAM) for the year 2016 would begin from September 2, 2015.
JAM 2015 entrance exam will be held on February 08, 2015.
What is new about JAM 2016?
- IIT Madras is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2016.
- JAM 2016 Examination will be conductedONLINE only as a Computer Based Test (CBT) for all Test Papers.
- All the seven Test Papers of JAM 2016 will be of fully objective type, with three different patterns of questions as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) : Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer.
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ): Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions: For each NAT type question, the answer is a signed real number which needs to be entered using the virtual keypad on the monitor. A virtual calculator will also be available on the computer monitor. No choices will be shown for these type of questions.
- All candidates have to apply onlyONLINE.
- NO hardcopies of any documents are to be sent to the Organizing Institute. If the payment is made by E-challan then scanned copy (PDF file) of the counter-foil (your copy) should be uploaded on the JAM online application processing system (JOAPS) by login to your account. All the necessary documents (certificates, mark-sheet, etc.) are to be uploaded to the JOAPS only.
- No hardcopy of JAM 2016 score card will be sent to the JAM 2016 qualified candidates by the Organizing Institute. However, it can be downloaded from JAM 2016 website.