The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications for National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination (I) for admission to the Army, Navy and Air force wings for NDA 131st course, and for 39rd Indian Naval Academy course commencing from January 2015.
- A candidate must either be a citizen of India or citizen of Bhutan or Nepal or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the united republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethlopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than Jan 02, 1996 and not later than July 01, 1999 are eligible.
For Army wing of National Defence Academy:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 pattern of schools education or equivalent examination conducted by a state education board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 pattern of schools education or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics conducted by a state education board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 pattern of schools education or equivalent examination cal also apply.
Scheme of Examination:
The entrance consists of two objective type question papers, a total of 900 marks with a time duration of 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper.
- Paper 1: Mathematics, 300 marks
- Paper 2: General Ability Test 600 marks.
There will be a negative marking for the wrong answers.
How To Apply:
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admissions certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
Last date for the submission of the application form is January 23, 2015
Entrance exam will be held on April 19, 2015.
Tel: 011 - 23385271/23381125.