Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Thiruvananthapuram is set to conduct KEAM 2014 examination for the admission to professional courses in Kerala state.
KEAM 2014 exam is conducted for admission to Medical, Dental, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, Engineering and Architecture courses in the colleges of Kerala.
KEAM 2014 Scheme and Pattern:
- KEAM 2014 will be objective type with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and based on single response. For each question, five suggested answer would be given, of which only one will be the most appropriate response.
- The question paper for objective type examinations will be given in the form of Question Booklets. Candidates will be permitted to take the question booklet with them at the end of examination.
- For Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations, each Paper will have 120 questions to be answered in 150 minutes.
- For each correct response in the Engineering and Medical Entrance Examinations, the candidates will be awarded FOUR marks, and for each incorrect response, ONE mark will be deducted from the total score.
- The standard of the Entrance Examinations will be that of Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations.
Papers for Engineering Entrance Examination:
Paper - I: Physics and Chemistry
Paper - II: Mathematics
Papers for Medical Entrance Examination:
Paper - I: Chemistry & Physics
Paper - II: Biology
- Each Paper will be of two and a half hours duration.
- Candidates desirous of being considered for the entire Medical & Allied courses, will have to write both papers of the Medical Entrance Examination.
- Candidates desirous of obtaining admission to the Agricultural courses and Veterinary courses except B.Tech. (Agri. Engg.) and B.Tech (Food Engg.) and B.Tech. (DSc. & Tech.), will have to write Paper I - Chemistry & Physics and Paper II - Biology of Medical Entrance Examination. Candidates will have to appear for Paper I - Physics & Chemistry and Paper II - Mathematics of Engineering Entrance Examination for being considered for B. Tech. (Agri. Engg.), B.Tech. (Food Engg.) and B. Tech. (DSc. & Tech.) courses.