JEE Main 2014 is conducted in both online and offline. Online registration for the examination has stared from 15 Nov 2013.
Here is the detailed syllabus for Aptitude test for B.Arch/B.Planning candidates.
- Awareness of persons, places, buildings, materials.
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build-environment.
- Visualising three dimensional objects from two dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
- Three dimensional- perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, buildings forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2D to 3D union, substraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festival, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
- Please Note: Candidates are advised to bring pencils, own geometry box set, erasers and colour pencils and crayons for the Aptitude Test.