University of Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, is set to conduct National Eligibility Test (NET) for the session June 2014 on June 29.
UGC NET June 2014 exam is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), and eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges.
- The examination hall / room shall be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination. No candidate who is late by more than 20 minutes, shall be admitted to the examination.
- A seat marked with a roll number shall be allotted to each candidate. The candidates shall be required to find out and occupy the seats allotted to them by 9.00 a.m.
- No candidate shall be allowed to leave the examination hall / room until 11.30 AM in the first session and 3.30 PM in the second session of the examination. No candidate shall be permitted to go to the toilet during the last 20 minutes of the examination in each session.
- Before beginning to answer the paper, the candidate should write his / her roll number in the space provided in the test booklet and OMR sheet.
- The candidate should read the instructions carefully appearing on the test booklet & OMR sheet and check that the test booklet & OMR sheet supplied to him / her is not defective and if so, may secure another copy from the invigilator by submitting the first one. The test booklet should be checked with reference to page numbers, serial number of the questions, code number and the subject offered by the candidate.
- Each candidate is required to bring his / her own ball point pen (blue / black). The use of calculators & log tables is not permitted. Any electronic devices including cellular, mobile, satellite phone, pager etc. are not allowed in examination hall / room under any circumstances.
- The time allotted for each paper includes time required to read instructions appearing on the test booklet and OMR sheet for filling entries at the appropriate places. No extra time will be provided.
- The candidate shall have to return the original OMR sheet of Paper I & II together and Paper-III to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall/room. However, candidates are allowed to carry the used test booklets of Paper-I, II & III along with carbon less copy of OMR sheet on conclusion of examination.
- Any candidate found guilty of using unfair means of any nature in the examination hall / room shall be liable to be disqualified for future NET / SET.
- No candidate shall be permitted to change the NET centre / subject after submitting his / her online application.
- Each candidate shall have to produce his / her admit card and ID proof on demand by the invigilator / examination superintendent / observer.
- Candidate who does not appear in Paper-I will not be permitted to appear in Paper-II and Paper-III.