The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, invites applications for Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) for the year 2014.
HSEE 2014 entrance exam is conducted for admission to five year integrated Master of Arts (M.A) programmes, commencing in the session 2014-15.
The M.E programmes are offered in:
- M.A in Developmental Studies
- M.A in English Studies
Pattern of HSEE 2014:
Type of the question paper:
- HSEE-2014 examination is of three hours duration and has two parts. Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration (150 Minutes), administered through computer. Part II involves essay writing for 30 Minutes to be written on answer sheet distributed to the candidates at the end of Part I.
- Part I covers the following topics: (I) English and Comprehension Skill; (ii) Analytical and Quantitative Ability; (iii) General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economics (since Independence), Indian Society, Contemporary World Affairs (post-World War II); and (iv) Environment and Ecology.
- Part II requires the candidate to write an essay on general topic involving description, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination with 60% of marks from a recognised board of examination.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy are also eligible.
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
How to apply:
Candidates have to apply online for HSEE 2014.
- Online application starts from : 18 Dec 2013.
- Last date for the receipt of application form on : 27 Jan 2014.
- Admit card will be available on : 17 March 2014.
- HSEE-2014 entrance test will be held on 20 April 2014.
The Chairman, HSEE
JEE Office, IIT Madras
Chennai - 600036.
Tel: 044 - 22578220.