It is also considered as a criteria for lateral admissions to second year (third semester) engineering technology in government and private engineering schools/ polytechnics of Odisha.
For admissions to 1st semester diploma in engineering/technology:
Candidates must have passed the HSC examination conducted by BSE, Odisha / must have passed 10th standard examination declared equivalent by BSE, Odisha and obtained at least 35 % marks in aggregate, securing 30% marks in each subject in the qualifying examination with English, Mathematics and Science subjects.
For admissions to 1st semester/ 1st year diploma non-engineering:
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination from CHSE, Odisha or its equivalent examination in Science/ Arts/ Commerce recognised by CHSE and obtained at least 30% marks (Modern Office Management) or 35% (Hotel Management and Catering Technology) as aggregate and securing at least 30% in each subject in the qualifying examination.
* For Pharmacy, candidates must have passed the +2 Science examination from CHSE, Odisha or its equivalent examination and obtained at least 35% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics as approved by PCI and obtained at least 30% marks in each subject in the qualifying examination.
For admissions to 1 year diploma in film and TV courses of Biju Pattanaik Film and Television Institute of Orissa (BPFTIO) ,Cuttack:
*Cinematography / Sound and TV engineering - Candidates must have passed 10+2 in Science from any state board/ICSE/CBSE with minimum 35% in aggregate.
*Film and video editing - Candidates must have passed 10+2 in Science/Arts/Commerce from any state board/ICSE/CBSE with minimum 35% in aggregate.
How to apply?
- A candidate can apply for DET-2014 through online mode only.
- If a candidate does not fill the category option to which he/she belongs, then he/she will be deemed to be a ‘general' category candidate.
- Candidates must visit the official DET 2014 website and download the "Information Brochure for DET-2014" by clicking the link called "Download".
- Candidates have to then click on the link called "Online Application Form" to fill the application form.
Steps to fill the application form online:
- Name of the candidate (as in the HSC / 10th standard certificate)
- Choose Indian / NRI option (only one option can be chosen)
*Indian (For Indian Resident)
*NRI (For Non Resident Indian)
- Choose domicile option (only one option can be chosen. This option is available for Indian resident applicants)
*S (Odisha State applicants)
*Z (Outside Odisha State applicants)
*L (Odias living in outlying odia speaking tract)
- Choose category (only one option can be chosen. This option is available for "S" domicile applicants)
*SC (Scheduled Caste applicants)
*ST (Scheduled Tribe applicants)
*GE (applicants other than SC and ST category)
- Choose sub category (more than one option can be chosen. This option is available for "S" domicile applicants)
*GC (Children of Green Card Holder)
*PH (Physically Handicapped)
*ES (Children/Wards of Ex-servicemen)
*NC (National Cadet Corps)
- Choose Gender
- Course (select only one from the available options, as the examination time table will not permit other combinations of courses)
*Diploma in engineering only
*Diploma in non-engineering only
*Diploma in film and TV courses only
*Lateral entry to diploma in engineering only
*Both diploma in engineering and diploma in non-engineering
*Both diploma in engineering and diploma in film and TV courses
*Both diploma in engineering and lateral entry to diploma in engineering
- Select board / council of examination
- Select qualifying examination (passed / to be passed before counseling).
- Enter Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY format) as per HSC / 10th standard certificate
- Candidates must apply online for DET 2014.
- Candidates must make the payment of application fee (non-refundable) amounting to
(i) Rs.250/- for SC/ST/PH candidates
(ii) Rs.350/- for female candidates
(iii) Rs.450/- for male candidates
- The payment must be done through debit or credit card/net banking/e-Challan at any branch of Axis bank/ IDBI bank.
- Receipt of online application: 10th March to 25th April, 2014
- Receipt of application fee: 10th March to 28th April, 2014
- DET 2014 for 1st semester engineering: 18th May, 2014 - 10 am to 12:30 pm
- DET 2014 for semester lateral entry: 18th May, 2014 - 2pm to 4:30 pm
- Last date to submit online application: 25th April, 2014
For further details and to apply, click here