Delhi University Students' Union (DUSU) election result 2019 has been announced. Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) wins three key positions out of four. President, Vice President and Joint Secretary posts were won by RSS backed ABVP. While the Congress' student wing National Students' Union of India (NSUI) wins the Secretary post.
This year, a total of 16 candidates locked their horns for the four DUSU posts - President, Vice President, Secretary and Joint Secretary. These four elected candidates will form the central panel. The tenure of the candidates will be one year.
DUSU Election Result 2019 Winners
- President - Akshit Dahiya (ABVP)
- Vice President - Pradeep Tanwar (ABVP)
- General Secretary - Ashish Lamba (NSUI)
- Joint Secretary - Shivangi Kherwal (ABVP)
We have done it, yet again!— ABVP (@ABVPVoice) September 13, 2019
We thank the students of Delhi University for reaffirming their faith in our leadership & choosing #ABVP4DUSU.
Congratulations to karyakartas of @ABVPDelhi @ABVPDUSU for relentless efforts that won us 3 of 4 seats in #DUSU!#ABVPWinsDUSU #ABVPRocks pic.twitter.com/voP52OesPS
DUSE Election 2019 Candidates
|President||Akshit Dahiya||Chetna Tyagi|
|Vice President||Pradeep Tanwar||Ankit Bharti|
|General Secretary||Yogit Rathee||Ashish Lamba|
|Joint Secretary||Shivangi Kherwal||Abhishek Chaprana|
DUSU Election 2019 Updates
- A total of 144 EVMs used for DUSU poll on September 12, 2019.
- Compared to last year, the voting percentage has registered a slight dip.
- In DUSU election 2018, the polling percentage was 44.46.
- Around 40% of students out of 1.3 lakh students had cast their votes for DUSU election 2019.