Delhi University(DU) will be starting the application procedures at the recently founded Delhi School of Journalism for the five year integrated Journalism program from August 23, 2017.
The admission process will be taken place through a national level entrance test, which will be conducted by the university. This examination will be organized for the aspirants on September 17, 2017.
The last date to apply for the application process is September 3, 2017.
About the Course
- The course will be offered in Hindi and English languages, with an intake of 60 students for each language.
- The course will include three years of bachelors and two years of masters,thus being a five year integrated course.
- Students will have an option to exit after the initial three years.
- Credit weightage of 50 per cent will be given to classroom lectures and the rest 50 to projects, assignments and internships for the course.
- The course will also involve teaching of four foreign languages which are Arabic, Chinese, French and Spanish, along with two regional languages - Bengali and Tamil.
- Learning of one foreign and regional language is mandatory over the 10 semesters.
The university will also welcoming students to join the PG Diploma course in Cyber Security. This is an innovative and new opportunity for the candidates who want to venture into the field of Cyber security.
Eligibility for DU Admissions to Journalism Programe
The candidates who are interested to get into the five year integrated course in Journalism from Delhi University will have to have 50 per cent marks in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
Application Fee for Admissions to Journalism Programe
The interested candidates who belong to the General category will have to pay Rs. 500
Candidates who belong to SC/St categories have to Rs. 250 as application fee.
The Entrance Exam for the DU Admissions to Journalism Programe
- The entrance test will be in English and Hindi.
- The Test in English will be conducted for 2 hours, from 9 AM to 11 AM.
- The Test in Hindi will be conducted for 2 hours, from 2 PM to 4 PM.
- The examination will be testing the following areas - general knowledge, current affairs, analytical and comprehension skills.