Delhi University Library System organises annual Workshop on Information Literacy and Competency for the benefit of the Faculty Members & Research Scholars in the discipline of Science/ Social Science and Arts & Humanities. This program is annually being organised to promote the usage of e-resources in teaching, learning and research in the university. The program is designed with a view to:
- Expose the audience with the availability of electronic resources which are being subscribed by the Delhi University and can be accessed Campus wide.
- Provide a practical demonstration with the help of certain standard rules generally being followed for citation of bibliographical references, footnotes etc.
- Demonstrate various search techniques for searching precise and relevant information on the web including single window Federated Search.
- Orientation to citation and analysis databases such as Scopus and Web of Science.
- Expose to the Open Access electronic resources in the field of Sciences/ Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities.
- Demonstrate the user oriented new information services of DULS.
All Faculty Members, M.Phil & Ph.D Scholars in the discipline of Sciences/ Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities of University of Delhi, Delhi can participate in this workshop. There is NO Registration Fee for participation.
How to apply:
Candidates need to contact Rajesh Singh, Deputy Librarian in the Central Library and they need to register their name with him latest by Tuesday, 05th February, 2014 so that the University can formally invite the candidate for the program. Please note that since the programme has limited number of seats, it will be purely on first come first serve basis.
- Discipline of Sciences- 19th February, 2014
- Discipline of Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities- 20th February, 2014
For more details click here.