Defence Research and Development Organisation has released an official employment notification from the Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC), DRDO for Scientists posts.
Name of the posts
- Scientist B in DRDO
- Scientist/Engineer B in Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) in Level-10 (7th CPC)
Rs. 56,100 for specified disciplines and categories.
What does the official notification read?
"India's premiere Defence research organization will recruit bright, qualified and competent scientists in Group 'A' (Gazetted) technical service known as Defence Research & Development Service (DRDS)," the notification read.
DRDO official website
The full details of the job can be found on the official website drdo.gov.in.
- DRDO will consider valid GATE scores of 2015, 2016 and 2017 for few disciplines: Electronics and Communication, Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electrical & Electronics, Aeronautical, Aerospace, Chemical, Instrumentation, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Geology. In such cases candidates will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:5 subject to their availability in order of the discipline wise category wise merit list.
- After getting shortlisted, the candidates will have to attend an interview.
Educational qualification required
- Candidates with Bachelor's degree and/ or Master's degree in the relevant discipline are eligible to apply for the posts.
- For other disciplines: Automobile, Ceramic, Material Science, Polymer Science, Atmospheric Science, Physical Oceanography and Psychology, DRDO will screen candidates on the basis of percentage of marks in the Essential Qualification in order of merit or else through a separate written test.
General and OBC (Male) candidates are required to pay a non-refundable nontransferable application fee of 100/- (Rs. One Hundred only) payable online only. There is no application fee for SC/ST /PwD and women candidates.
How to apply for the DRDO Scientist Recruitment 2017?
Candidates can apply for this through the official website