The Delhi School of Communication (DSC) invites applications for its XXth Post Graduate Programme in Communication for the current year. The programme gives the advantage of two degrees combined into one - PGDPC: ‘Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Communication' and MJMC: ‘Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication'. The programme is recognised by Jodhpur National University and is duly approved by UGC and AICTE.
The programme was founded in the year 1995 and has since been the most coveted of all communications programmes. The industry leaders and the academicians find this as better aligned to the requirements of the industry and its recent developments. The post graduate students do also consider this as top of the line programme on journalism and communications. DSC has made sure that it encompasses all the relevant topics on Journalism, Advertising, Personal Relations, Digital Marketing and Entertainment. What initially started as a course on Journalism has now evolved into a specialised programme on new age communications.
Work exposure has been one of the tenets of the course curriculum. The students are placed for full time internships of 4 months and part time apprenticeships of 6 months at reputed places of work. The students find this a good opportunity to learn valuable work experience and earn attractive stipends alongside work. An outstanding industrial exposure ensures placement in the leading agencies such as Mudra, JW, Genesis BM, Edelman, and Perfect Relations & McCann.
1. The graduates and those who are completing course in 2014 are eligible to apply for the programme
2. The applications can be downloaded and submitted on- www.dsc.edu.in/admissionprocess
3. The students have to appear for the internal examination conducted by DSC or clear the MAT/CAT/ATMA for admission to the said programme
4. The internal examination is of 1 ½ duration and comprises of logic, reasoning abilities and creative writing skills
5. The students are also evaluated for their basic knowledge on media and advertising
6. DSC would also take ½ hour test on psychological abilities and cognitive skills
7. A personality test is conducted as the third and final step on admission procedure
The students can send queries to email@example.com or call 91- 9810474269, 9958635140 and 29531556/9.