The Delhi Government has finally announced the results for admission to Delhi nursery, KG and Class 1 on its official website.
How to check the results?
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the link, 'EWS / DG Result 2017-18'.
- The results will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a printout for future use.
About the seat reservation process:
The Delhi government has reserved 25 per cent of seats in pre-school, pre-primary and class 1 for the Economically Weaker Sections, Disadvantaged Groups (EWS/ DG).
How is the selection procedure done?
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of distance or neighborhood criteria and a draw of lots.
- The parents will have to visit the school for document verification.
- During the admission process, parents can use points set by the government like distance from school, parents as alumni, a sibling in the same school, girl child etc.
- Schools will not give admission on the pretext of the applicant's parents education, or if the child is proficient in music, or if the parent is vegetarian.
- Admission through management quota will be allowed.
- While following their criteria and points for admission has set by the government, schools still have to follow the list of 51 criteria.
- As per the data, the abolished criteria include parent's education, parent's profession, age, oral test, and interview.
Also read: Delhi Nursery Admission Begins