The Department of Training and Technical Education (DTTE), Delhi has released an official notification the Delhi Common Entrance Test (CET) 2017 on its website.
According to the notification released, the registration process begins on March 20, 2017.
The eligible candidates can opt for any of the five tests available which are conducted for different programs respectively.
Each test is conducted for a different course and candidate must make sure that they apply for the right test.
Why is CET conducted?
CET is conducted for admission to various full-time Diploma Courses in engineering and non-engineering disciplines offered at AICTE approved Government Polytechnics, Privately Managed Polytechnics and Government Aided Institutions affiliated to the Board of Technical Education, Delhi.
How to apply for the CET:
All the candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Log on to the official website.
- Click on the relevant link.
- Apply to one of the five tests available.
- Enter all the required details in the prescribed format.
- Click to submit.
- Take a print out of the same for future reference.
Details of the CET:
- Test 1 is conducted for admission to Engineering/Technology based Diploma courses and occupational courses.
- Test 2 is conducted for candidates applying for Modern Office Practice (English) course.
- Test 3 is conducted for candidates applying for Modern Office Practice (Hindi) course.
- Test 4 is conducted for candidates applying for Diploma courses in pharmacy.
- Test 5 is conducted for candidates applying for Lateral entry in Diploma courses.
CET Important dates:
- The application process begins March 20, 2017.
- Last date to apply: April 20, 2017.
- Date of examination: May 27 and 28, 2017.
- Declaration of the result: June 16, 2017.
Directorate of Training and Technical Education is entrusted with the responsibility of providing trained technical manpower for the technological up gradation of industrial production, services, productivity, and innovation, contributing to the planned growth of the country's economy.