The deadline to apply for National Eligibility Test (NET) closes tomorrow. Conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC), the exam is scheduled on January 22, 2017.
The eligible candidates must apply by November 16 (tomorrow). The exam comprises 84 subjects and is conducted across 90 cities in the country. The registration forms are available online on CBSE's official website and candidates can submit the application directly on the website.
In its notification, CBSE has announced UGC NET exam for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor at select cities.
"The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor," the notice read.
"The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them. The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF," the notice added.
How to Apply for UGC NET 2017?
- Log on to cbsenet.nic.in
- Click the Fill Application Form button on the homepage
- A new window will open with two boxes for registered and unregistered candidates. To register as a new candidate, click Apply for NET Jan - 2017 button and fill the application form
- Click Submit
- Upload Scanned photo and signature
- Pay the examination fees
- Download and print the confirmation page
- An application number and password will be generated. Use it to log in and check details in future
The admit cards will be available on December 21 and exam will be held in three sessions.