The official notification for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) has been released by the CBSE.
The CBSE will be conducting the 10th edition of the CTET examination. CTET is conducted for selection of candidates for the appointment of teachers for Class 1 to Class 8 in all schools of the Central Government and schools under the administrative control. Some private unaided schools may also use CTET scores for selection of teachers.
The examinations will be held on September 18, 2016.
Interested candidates for the CTET September 2016 and view below the details on eligibility criteria, application procedure, exam paper pattern and important dates.
Eligibility Criteria for CTET September 2016
Minimum qualification required for primary stage (Class 1 to 5)
- Candidates should have acquired a senior secondary certificate or equivalent with 50% marks
- Candidates should have completed or should be appearing the final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education.
Minimum qualification for elementary stage (Class 6 to 8)
- Candidates should have completed their bachelor's degree.
- Also, they should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of two-year diploma in Elementary Education
How to apply for CTET September 2016
- Candidates can apply online at the board's website.
- Candidates should take a print out of the filled in application form for future reference.
- Application fee of Rs.600 (for Paper I or II) or Rs. 1000 for both paper I & II must be payed by General/OBC candidates. While SC/ST/Differently abled category candidates must pay Rs.300 for Paper I or II and Rs.500 for both paper I & II.
- Candidates have pay the application fee through challan at Syndicate or CANARA bank or by debit/credit card.
CTET exam paper pattern
- CTET exam paper I and paper will be held on September 18, 2016 in the morning and noon session respectively.
- Each examination is for a duration of 2 hours 30 minutes.
Important dates for CTET September 2016
- Start of online application: June 22, 2016
- Last date of online application: July 18, 2016
- Last date for submission of application fee: July 19, 2016
- Final status of Candidates-Check Status & Particulars of
- candidates whose fees received : July 20, 2016
- Period for On-line Corrections in Particulars (No correction will be
- allowed in any particulars after this date): July 20 - July 25, 2016
- Admit cards for download: August 17, 2016