Based on the authorization given by Karnataka Professional College Foundation and KUPECA to ComedK, an Entrance Test for Under Graduate Courses in Medical, Dental and Engineering streams in 14 Medical, 25 Dental and over160 Engineering colleges in the State is slated to be held on Sunday the11th May 2014.
As many as 96,100 candidates (Medical, PCB - 45235 (47%), Engineering, PCM - 38,295 (40%) and both, PCMB - 12,570 (13%) are writing the Test in 134 Centers in Karnataka. Approximate Undergraduate seats available to be filled through COMEDK during 2014-15 are 17698 Engineering, 835 Medical and 766 Dental.
The Zonal Distribution:
South India: 53656
North India: 12884
East India: 23497
Wast India: 6063
Arrangement at Test Centre:
- Block system seating arrangement consisting of 24 candidates in each Block.
- Under no circumstances the candidates sitting side by side or one behind the other will get question booklet of similar version.
- For every Test Centre, there will be one Chief and two Deputy Chief Superintendents.
- For every Block of 24 candidates there will be one Invigilator and for every five Invigilators there will be a Room Superintendent to oversee the Test Management.
- Deployment of around 7500 staff to oversee the conduct of entire examination; in effect there will be one staff member for every 13 candidates, including one invigilator for every 24 candidates.
Requirement for Test Admission:
- Printed copy of the Online Test Admission Ticket carrying attestation on candidate's photo by the COMEDK Executive Secretary.
- Two Additional Photographs (Recent Passport Size colour photograph) for being affixed on the Invigilator' Diary as photo identification. (Very important. Candidates to please note)
- Black or Blue Ballpoint pen.
Note: Candidates without ALL of the above mandatory requirements will not be allowed to take the Test.