The Cochin Shipyard Limited, a Mini Ratna Company under the Ministry of Shipping, has released a recruitment notification for the post of Workmen on a contract basis. The recruitment notification was released to fill up 671 vacancies in the organisation. Applicants should note that all the posts to be recruited are temporary in nature and for a maximum period of three years subject to project requirements and performance.
Interested candidates can visit the official site of the Cochin Shipyard Limited to apply. The online application window will close on November 15, 2019. Candidates are advised to check all the details such as eligibility, vacancy break up, selection process below.
Cochin Shipyard Limited Recruitment 2019 - Workmen
- Sheet Metal Worker - 17 vacancies
- Welder - 30 vacancies
- Fitter - 214 vacancies
- Mechanic Diesel - 22 vacancies
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle - 7 vacancies
- Fitter Pipe (Plumber) - 36 vacancies
- Painter - 5 vacancies
- Electrician - 85 vacancies
- Crane Operator (EOT) - 19 vacancies
- Electronic Mechanic - 73 vacancies
- Instrument Mechanic - 78 vacancies
- Shipwright Wood - 2 vacancies
- Auto Electrician - 2 vacancies
- Scaffolder on contract - 19 vacancies
- Aerial Work Platform Operator on contract - 2 vacancies
- Semi Skilled Rigger on contract - 40 vacancies
- General Worker (Canteen) on contract - 20 vacancies
|Name Of The Posts||Fitter, Sheet Metal Worker, Mechanic Diesel, Electrician, Instrument Mechanic, Electronic Mechanic, Scaffolder, General Worker, Welder and Painter|
|Organisation||Cochin Shipyard Limited|
|Educational Qualification||Varies from one to another|
|Experience||Varies from one to another|
|Salary Scale||Rs 17,400 to 33,000 per month|
|Application Start Date||October 30, 2019|
|Application End Date||November 15, 2019|
The upper age limit for all the post shall be 30 years as on November 15, 2019. The age relaxation is provided to candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST and PwBD.
The post of Sheet Metal Worker and Welder, the selection will be based on the practical test. For all other posts, the selection will be based on practical/skill/physical tests. The test will be of 100 marks.
The application fee is Rs 100/- (non-refundable, plus bank charges extra) should be remitted using the online payment options such as Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking.
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to visit the official website of Cochin Shipyard Limited to apply online - cochinshipyard.com. The application process consists of two phases - one-time registration and submission of application against the posts applicable.