Chennai Metro Rail Limited announces job notification for the efficient, experienced and competent candidates for various posts like Assistant manager, Engineer and Architect.
Name of the posts:
- Asst. Manager (Transport Planning) - 1
- Architect - 1
- Engineer (Tunnel) - 1
The maximum age limit for the candidates is 30 years.
Assistant Manager (Transport Planning) Post Code - 01
- Candidate must possess B.E / B.Tech in Civil Engineering with Master degree in Transportation Planning/ Transportation Engineering/ Urban Planning from a reputed University/Institute recognized by Govt. and should possess minimum of 2 years of post-qualification experience in execution of large Transportation infrastructure projects and also involved in city level Transportation studies such as CCTS, CMP, Feasibility, DPR, etc.,
Architect Post Code 02
- Must be a B.Arch. graduate from a recognized Institute.
- Should have minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience in the field of Architecture design in large Infrastructure project preferably in Metro Rail Projects/Railway Projects.
- Familiar with design aspects of life safety and fire safety requirement in design implementations and material selection.
Engineer (Tunnel) Post Code 03
- Candidate must possess graduation in Civil Engineering or Equivalent from a reputed
- University/Institute recognized by Govt. Should have atleast 5 years of work experience in Railway Environment in construction of Railway Tunnel for Board Tunnel, C&C Tunnel and NATM with Geotechnical Experience/Knowledge.
- Should be familiar with management of contract related to large infrastructure projects.
- Should have knowledge & skill in management of FIDIC condition of contract/International civil construction contracts, quality control & Assurance system in civil construction, safety implementation, programme monitoring
The selection procedure comprises two-stage process, interview followed by Medical examination.
The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and
a) Medical Examination:
Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in
case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure will be borne by the candidate. To & fro travel expenses for the medical test shall be borne by the candidate.
The candidate who fails in the prescribed medical test will not be given any alternative employment and decision of CMRL is final on this issue.
Character & Antecedents:
The success in the above-stated selection process does not confer any right to appointment unless CMRL is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
How to apply for the CMRL recruitment?
In order to apply for the CMRL recruitment, attend the walk-in interview on 28 October 2017 from 9 am to 2 pm at the Koyambedu CMRL