The Department of Health and Family Welfare has directed Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) Bangalore to cancel admission to first year B.Pharma courses in 7 Pharmacy colleges across Karnataka.
According to department, the students who have got seats in these colleges though KEA online counselling for first year B.Pharma courses were unable to join as they had closed down the colleges.
Department also asked that the admissions alloted to these colleges be cancelled and new colleges be allotted to the students who had obtained seats in those colleges.
The department also made clear that there will no single seats to allotted these colleges for the year 2014-15 and affiliation of these colleges will be canceled.
The colleges are:
- Sri Raghavendra College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- St John's Pharmacy College, Bangalore
- KKECS College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Noorie College of Pharmacy, KGF
- Basaveshwara College of Pharmacy, Bidar
- Priyadarshini College of Pharmacy, Tumkur
- CR College of Pharmacy, Tumkur.
KEA further informed that these colleges have to be listed out of the KCET 2014 seat matrix.