Chhattisgarh government will take legal action against non-accredited universities operating illegally in the state after receiving a slew of complaints against them even as the chief Lokayukta has sought a detailed list of such institutions within 15 days.
"Higher education department has given information to Chhattisgarh Lok Ayog that it has seriously considered the complaints received against the non-accredited universities and have issued letters to superintendents of police (SPs) of respective districts for taking immediate legal action against such institutions," an official statement said.
Apart from the below mentioned universities, no other university has been accredited in Chhattisgarh, according to the higher education department.
- Indira Art and Music University Khairagarh
- Pt Ravishankar Shukla University Raipur
- Indira Gandhi Agriculture University Raipur
- Kushabhau Thakre University for Journalism and Mass Communication
- Ayush and Health Science University Raipur
- Kamdhenu University Durg, Bastar University Jagdalpur
- Guru Ghasidas University Bilaspur
- National Institute of Technology (NIT) Raipur
- Indian Institute of Information and Technology (IIIT) Raipur
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) Raipur
- Indira Gandhi National Open University New Delhi