The incessant rain and floods has brought havoc to Chennai. The rains and floods have put the life of thousands of people at risk, it has disrupted normal life. Schools and colleges had declared a month long holiday for the same. As a result of which the class schedules have been postponed or even cancelled. State boards and universities have cancelled examinations and postponed them to the next year. Also, to get back into normalcy, schools and colleges will remain shut for some more time in the city.
Here we provide you the list of examinations that have been cancelled in Tamil Nadu:
- The paper based Management Aptitude Test (MAT) which was to be held on December 6 was cancelled at its Chennai centre.
- The examination has been rescheduled to February 7, 2016.
- The computer based test at the Chennai centre has been rescheduled to February 13.
For more details, read: AIMA MAT Dec 2015 Exam Rescheduled to Feb 2016 In Chennai
State Board Exam and CBSE Board Exams
- The state government of Tamil Nadu has postponed the half-yearly examinations of all state board schools which were scheduled to be held from December 7.
- The examination will be held in first week of January, 2016.
- Also, the schools affiliated to CBSE, have requested the board to cut the syllabus, or to give separate question paper for the CBSE students in Tamil Nadu.
For further details, read: Schools Tell CBSE To Cut Syllabus For Tamil Nadu Students
- University of Madras has cancelled all the examinations, the new exam schedule will be announced later.
- Anna University has cancelled entrance test and interview for the Phd/MS programmes scheduled to be held on December 5.
- It has also cancelled all the examination scheduled from December 4 to December 10.
- The university has notified that all the examinations for Pondicherry University and affiliated colleges scheduled to be held on December 3, December 4 and December 5 have been cancelled.
- The new dates will be announced later.
The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
- The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University Examinations for affiliated Law colleges and School of Excellence in Law, scheduled till December 8, are postponed.
- The new dates of the postponed examinations will be announced later.