The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the exam date for UGC NET 2018. The exam (National Eligibility Test) will be held on July 8, 2018, for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
The online application process will start from Mar 6, 2018. The CBSE NET exam will be conducted in 84 subjects at 91 selected cities of examination spread across the country.
Exam Pattern of UGC- NET
UGC NET exam is conducted in two parts known as Paper I and Paper II.
- Paper-I: Consists of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II: It consists of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
Selection Procedure For UGC- NET
- Candidates are selected based on their performance in the written test.
Age Limit For UGC- NET
(As on Jan 1, 2018)
- For JRF: 30 years
- For NET: No age limit
Application Fee For UGC- NET
How To Apply For UGC- NET 2018
- Candidates seeking admission to the Test (UGC-NET, July 2018) must apply online on the official website.
- The link will be activated on Mar 6, 2018, for the online UGC NET 2018 registration.
UGC NET - Important Dates
|Submission of online application|
|Mar 6, 2018|
|Last date for applying online||Apr 4, 2018|
|Last date of submission of fee through online||Apr 6, 2018|
|Correction in particulars of application form on the website||Apr 25, 2018-May 1, 2018|
|Date of examination||July 8, 2018|
For more detailed notification about CBSE UGC- NET, click here.