The CBSE has put up a questionnaire on the official website of the central board to collect information regarding the students' view about the school's infrastructure, functioning and teaching.
According to reports, the main purpose of this step is to obtain feedback from its students about their schools' teaching methodology and the board's curriculum quality and to strengthen the same.
The online feedback form is available on the official website and students are expected to fill the form by giving honest opinion and important suggestions.
This exercise is part of the ministry of human resource development (MHRD) to develop a new education policy by getting feedback from all stakeholders.
Only students of classes 5 to 12 can rate their school and give suggestions for improving teaching content. A different questionnaire for students from Classes 5 to 8 and for Classes 9 to 12 have been prepared.
The questionnaires consist of 22 questions each and students have to fill in details like their name, class and school details in the same.
"Questionnaire will be kept confidential. But since there is no authentication system in place in the online form, it is very easy for anybody to use a fake name and submit the feedback. So students are requested to be completely honest while filling the same so that serious step could be taken for improvements," the board informs.
- The starting part of the questionnaire demands information about the student, name and location of school and how far it is from his/her residence
- Feedback regarding the level of safety in specific areas of the school like playground, corridors, classrooms and toilet have to be given
- Students are expected to inform if their school provides infrastructure for those who are differently abled.
- Questions regarding teachers and students relationship and how satisfied are they with the teaching will also be asked
- How interesting and useful is the teaching content which is used in class will also be asked.
- It is not compulsory for the students to fill the feedback form but the interested candidates have to fill in the same and submit it by October 5