The registration process for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 will start on August 9, 2017. The official notification was released by Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow. The candidates who are looking forward to the test must know that it will be conducted on November 26, 2017.
The registration process will conclude on September 201, 2017. IIM - L will be organizing CAT for the year 2017. The examination is conducted to provide the students with admissions to the 20 IIMs in the country and the many other institutions that offer management courses.
The Examination centers for CAT 2017
The IIMs will be conducting the computer based examination across 140 test centers in the country withing two sessions,The candidates will be given the option to choose from the 4 test cities in their order of preference.
Through the entrance the students will be able to get into the top most premier institutions in IndiaThe IIMs will be releasing tutorials for the students on October 18, 2017, so that they can grasp the structure and format of the test.
Important dates to Note
- The registrations will begin on August 9, 2017
- The last date to apply is September 20, 2017
- The admit cards will be released by October 18, 2017.
- The CAT examination will be conducted on November 26, 2017
- the results for CAT will be announced in the month of January 2018
The Examination Pattern for CAT 2017
There will a total of 100 questions, each carrying one mark. This can be further divided into:
- 34 questions on Verbal reasoning and Reading Comprehension each carrying one mark.
- 34 questions on Quantitative Aptitude each carrying one mark.
- 32 questions on Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning each carrying one mark.
The exam will go through two sessions, which will contain two different test form for each session. The scores will be produced on the basis of the normalization that will adjust for the location and scale differences of the score distribution in different forms. Further the scores will be normalized.
Requirements to apply for Cat 2017
Graduates need at least 50 per cent marks in any discipline from a recognized institution to apply for CAT 2017.
Candidates from reserved categories need 45 per cent marks any discipline from a recognized institution to apply for CAT 2017
How to Apply for CAT 2017?
- Visit the official website - iimcat.ac.in
- read through the official CAT Examination notification
- Find the link that says 'Apply Online'
- Fill in your personal details in the application form.
- A unique registration number and password will be generated
- Login using the credentials given to you ( unique registration number and password)
- Enter you personal details, academic details, work experience etc.
- Upload a recent photograph and signature which should be of the specified dimensions.
- Pay your application fee using any one of the methods
- Download a copy of the form and take a print out for future reference