As we all know Common Admission Test ( CAT) is conducted for admission to post graduate program in management at the IIM's.
Common Admission Test (CAT) scores are used for preliminary screening of candidates at several other management institutes. Through CAT almost 20,000 students will be admitted to the various programs offered at the 20 IIMs. CAT 2017 will be conducted by IIM Lucknow with TCS as Testing Agency.
An estimated 2 lakh students are expected to compete for those coveted 20,000 seats. Earlier the student intake at the IIMs was approximately 10,000. However, in a meeting held on September 26, 2016, with the Directors of the IIMs, the Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar had announced the decision to increase the intake capacity to 20,000. The exact seat matrix and intake capacity will only be announced after CAT 2017 exam.
- The official notification for CAT will tentatively be out on July 30, 2017.
- The online application window will open on August 7, 2017.
- Candidates would have almost 45 days' time to register for CAT exam.
- This year too there will be a sectional time limit and students would not have the liberty to navigate between different sections.
- No increase in application fee is expected this year which means the application fee will remain Rs.1700.
CAT (Common Admission Test) is a national level entrance examination, which is conducted for admission to management programs in Indian Institutes of Management (IIM's) and top B-Schools across the country. It tests a candidate on his quantitative ability, data interpretation skills, verbal ability and logical reasoning.