The Bihar School Education Board (BSEB) has announced the Bihar Teacher Eligibility Test (BTET) 2017 exam dates. Earlier, the exam was scheduled on June 11, 2017, but due to some reasons, the board has decided to conduct the exam on June 29, 2017, in two following shifts.
- Candidates who have acquired a degree in Bachelor of Education can sit for the exam. A candidate can appear for both, however, the maximum age is 35-38 candidates.
As per sources, Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) to teach in a government school in Bihar would be held in two sessions at different timings:
- For First shift (Classes 1 to 5): 10 am to 12:30 pm
- For Second shift (Classes 6 to 8): 2 pm to 4:30 pm
- For Paper 1: The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years.
- For Paper 2: The minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years.
The Qualifying Criteria-Bihar TET 2017:
The qualifying marks according to different categories will remain this way:
- General Male - 90 marks
- OBC/ Backward Classes/ Physically Handicapped - 83 marks
- Scheduled Tribe/ Scheduled Caste - 75 marks.
The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) is established for holding and conducting an examination at the end of the Secondary School stage, for prescribing course of studies for such examination and for carrying out such other objects and duties as may be considered necessary for the purpose as stated in the act, rules and regulations of the board.
Every year, the board conducts following exams:
- Annual secondary school examination in the month of February/March
- Supplementary school examination in the month of August/September
- Departmental examinations (not on yearly basis) such as diploma in physical education, certificate in physical education and teachers training examination on such terms and condition as laid down by the state government.
For any query, the candidates can visit the official website.