Assam Schools and Colleges are set to reopen for offline classes from 06 September 2021. The State Government has announced a new set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which went into force on 01 September 2021. However, from September 1 to 3, 2021, schools were only allowed to reopen for the vaccination drive for the first three days.
Students in postgraduate, graduate and higher secondary school would be permitted to take online classes only if they had received at least one dose of vaccine. There should not be more than 30 students in a section, according to the SOPs provided for the reopening of the Assam School and College.
According to the Standard Operating Procedures, Assam schools, colleges, and educational institutions must continue to provide online classes. The colleges would reopen hostels for fully vaccinated postgraduate, graduate, and higher secondary students in their final year.
Assam Schools And Colleges Reopening: Covid-19 SOPs, Guidelines
- Students who have received at least a single dose of vaccination will be able to attend the physical classes in the PG, UG, and class 12 levels.
- Students in class 12 who are under the age of 18 and have not been vaccinated should be permitted to attend offline classes.
- There should not be more than 30 students in each section. The heads of the institutions, on the other hand, have complete authority to examine and expand the number of sections as needed.
- Schools and universities have been asked to keep online classes running concurrently with on-campus classes.
- Only fully vaccinated PG, UG, and Class 12 students are permitted to return to the hostels.
- Offline classes for GNM, nursing courses, and technical institutions would only resume on September 6, 2021, for vaccinated students and professors.
Earlier, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced on Twitter that the reopening of schools, colleges, and educational institutions will not be affected.