The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) has released the application form for Gujarat civil service and administrative exam. Candidates can check it out and download from the GPSC the official website. All those candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria can visit the same and complete the registration process. There are vacancies for 335 posts (class 1 and 2) in various departments.
The last date for registering for the exam is March 31.
- Gujarat Administrative Service, Junior scale Deputy Collector/ Deputy District Development Officer: 40
- Deputy Superintendent of police: 28
- District Registrar, Cooperative Societies: 7
- Superintendent Prohibition & Excise: 2
- Assistant Commissioner Tribal Development: 6
- Mamlatdar: 69
- Section Officer (Sachivalay): 96
- Section Officer (Gujarat Public Service Commission): 3
- Section Officer (Gujarat Legislature Secretariat): 3
- Taluka Development Officer: 8
- Assistant Distinct Registrar, Cooperative Societies: 22
- District Inspector Land Record: 8
- Assistant Director, Food & Civil Supply: 15
- Govt. Labour Officer: 7
- Tribal Development Officer: 21
The candidates interested in applying should have completed a postgraduate degree with at least 55 per cent marks in any field from any of the university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State. The candidates must have knowledge of computer application and adequate knowledge of Gujarati, Hindi, and English.
The age of the candidates should not exceed 28 years and should be minimum 21 years. Relaxation will be provided as per the government norms.
- This contains two papers - General Studies I and General Studies II
- Each paper is timed for two hours and carries 200 marks
- Prelims will be for a total of 400 marks
- This consists of six papers - English, Essay, Gujarati, General Studies I, II and III
- Each exam is for three hours and carries 150 marks
- The exam is totally for 900 marks
How to apply
Those candidates who are eligible and interested are required to apply at the GPSC official website www.gpsc.gujarat.gov.in