In the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued guidelines for examinations and the academic calendar for 2021-22 for all universities and colleges. Admissions to first-year courses for 2021-22 should be done by September 30, 2021, and the new academic session must begin by October 1 following the admission procedure, as per the new guidelines.
Here are the complete UGC guidelines:
- According to the UGC's guidelines, all universities must finish the final year or semester exams by August 31, 2021.
- After the release of CBSE, ICSE, and other state boards' results, the higher education institutions can begin the admission procedure for the new sessions in undergraduate courses/programs.
- The new academic session for students of the first semester or first year can begin from October 1, 2021.
- The remaining vacant seats in Universities can be filled up till October 31, 2021, and the qualifying examination documents can be accepted till December 31, 2021.
- According to the UGC, Higher Education Institutions can begin their academic session (in online/offline/blended mode) as soon as possible for the students of intermediate semester/year following the COVID-19 protocol.
- Higher Education Institutions can plan and begin the academic session by October 18 if there is a delay in the announcement of results.
- As a "special case," colleges and universities can provide a full refund of tuition fees for any cancellations of admissions/migrations of students up to October 31.
- If a student's admission is cancelled or withdrawn before December 31, 2021, the entire money paid by the student will be reimbursed, after deduction of the processing fee of Rs.1000/-.
Check the complete UGC guidelines for Examination and Academic Calendar 2021-22 here