AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) has released official notification regarding the online entrance examinations for MBBS admissions for the academic session 2016. AIIMS will be conducting the examination for MBBS 2016 admissions on May 29, 2016. The registrations for the same will begin from the last week of January.
The AIIMS entrance examinations is held every year for MBBS admissions to 672 seats in 7 AIIMS institutions across the country. This examinations is known to be one of the toughest in the country.
- Candidates must have passed or will be passing Class 12/equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 60% marks for general category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST candidates.
- The exam will be conducted online.
- The question paper will have 200 multiple choice questions and reason-assertion based questions.
- There will be 60 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 20 questions from General Knowledge topics.
- One mark will be awarded for correct answer and a negative marking of -1/3 (one third) mark will be done for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours and 30 minutes and will be conducted in morning and forenoon sessions.
Distribution of questions:
General Knowledge: 20
How to Apply:
- Candidates can apply online only.