University of Calcutta has invited applications for admissions into Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme in various departments for the academic session 2016. The programmes offers are in the department of Sociology, PhD in Seed Science and Technology in the department of Seed Science and Technology at A. K Choudhury School of Information Technology.
Candidates who are interested to apply can read through all the details in educational qualification and application process below:
- Candidates should have a master's degree in science (M.Sc) from recongised institute or university
How to apply:
- Applicatons are available both online and offline.
- Click here for online applications.
- Application fee of Rs 500 has to be paid along with the application forms.
- Candidates have to send the filled in application forms along with necessary documents to 'The Coordinator, A. K Choudhury School of Information Technology'.
For Ph.D in Seed Science & Technology programme: Candidates shall be selected based on their performance in the Research Eligibility Test (RET) and interview.
For PhD in Sociology programme: Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the Ph.D entrance test and interview.
Candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR examinations s/NET/ SET/ SLET/ GATE/ Teacher Fellowship or equivalent or passed the M.Phil./ M.Tech/ M.D/ M.E/ M.Pharm or equivalent examination shall be exempted from taking up the entrance test.
For Ph.D in Seed Science & Technology programme:
- Last date for submission of application forms: March 21, 2016
- Date of entrance test: March 28, 2016
- Date of interview: March 29, 2016
Ph.D in Sociology programme:
- Last date for submission of application form: March 30
- Date of entrance exam: April 12, 2016
- Date of viva: April 21, 2016