The University of Burdwan, invites applications for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course, for the academic year 2014-15.
As per the government order, teachers teaching from class 9th onwards would be allowed to pursue B.Ed course, under the conventional mode, and 50% seats would be considered for deputed teachers in NCTE recognised institutions.
Each deputed candidate must verify their eligibility and availability of method subjects, as mentioned in the information brochure.
Only 5% seats of the fresh candidates in each college will be considered for the students of other than those of Burdwan University.
- Candidates (both fresh & deputed), with at least 50% marks either in Bachelor's Degree and / or in Master's Degree in Arts/ Science/ Fine Arts/ Music/ Commerce or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible to apply.
- There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC, ST and PWD ( Persons with disabilities ) categories.
- Age Limit : The fresh candidates must have completed at least 38 years of age on or before 30th June, 2014.
- There shall be a relaxation of 5 years in favour of fresh PWD category candidates.
- Reservation : In each college, 22% & 6% of total seats shall be kept reserved for SC & ST candidates (both Fresh & Deputed ) respectively and PWD candidates will enjoy a 3% reservation in each of the categories, i.e. in SC, ST and in the unreserved or general category.
How to apply:
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of Burdwan University.
- The duly filled in application form, along with a crossed demand draft of Rs 300 /- drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, B.U., payable at SBI, B.U. Branch, Burdwan, shall be submitted to the Office of the Secretary, U.G. Council, B.U., Rajbati, Burdwan.
- The application form can also be obtained from the university sales counter and affiliated B.Ed colleges by paying Rs 300/- in cash.
- Duly filled in application form, issued from Sales & Information Unit, B.U., shall be submitted to the counter of the Receiving Section, B.U., Rajbati, Burdwan.
Last date for submission of application form is March 31, 2014.