The Business School at UK-based University of Southampton has introduced an innovative MSc Digital Business and Entrepreneurship programme, which aims to offer specialist training to applicants wanting to create and grow businesses through digital technologies.
What will students learn with this course?
- Students will develop an understanding on how entrepreneurial theory, strategic practice and web science applications are used to create successful digital businesses as well as gain relevant knowledge, skills and abilities that support the development of digitally driven enterprises.
- It will enable them to generate, evaluate and apply new ideas and concepts to the business planning process as well as explore web technologies and architectures which support the development and operations of digital businesses and platforms.
- They will also learn to integrate new technologies into 'traditional' market sectors.
About the programme:
- The one year full-time programme is shaped by 8 modules comprising Digital Business, Digital Entrepreneurship as well as Web Architecture, its applications and a research-based dissertation.
- These structured and novel modules are specifically designed by experts from the University's Business School, Law School and School for Electronics and Computer Science.
- Students will gain knowledge about the creation of new digital businesses and platforms (e.g. Airbnb, Uber), growth and strategic reorganization, web architecture and technologies, with the option to specialize in legal, financing and operational modules.
- All these modules are taught using a variety of methods, including lectures, seminars, research workshops, group or project work.
- Course duration: 1 year
Career prospects for course graduates:
- Programme graduates will be given an opportunity to pursue a career in a variety of fields in private, public and third sector organizations.
- Owing to the programme's focus on digital business, students will be competent enough to work in dynamic entrepreneurial organisations, which make heavy use of digital technologies or which are moving into the digital economy from more traditional sectors.
- They may also launch their own digital business or gain a managerial position in larger businesses.
- Careers in the services sector, retail, consultancy and digital businesses are also a major probability for these graduates.
- First or upper second class Bachelor's degree from a reputable University, without any specific subject constraints.
- Applicants with previous work experience or with prior learning at another institution will have an additional advantage during the course of study.
- The English language requirements include an overall 6.5 IELTS score with at 6.5 in reading and writing and 6.0 in listening and in speaking.
- Commencing from: September 2017
- Course fee: £17,800
- Scholarships of £3,000 and £5,000 are offered to students enrolled under the MSc programmes.
- These scholarships will be in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- It is advisable to send the application by 31st January 2017.
How to apply:
- Candidates can apply online.
- Click here for further information on application process.