Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) formerly known as the Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences came into existence on November 15, 1992 as a result of the agreement signed between the Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Pai Foundation, with the aim of imparting exemplary education and health care services in the state of Sikkim and country wide. It is the first ever Public Private Partnership in the country for higher Education and Health Care Services.
Sikkim Manipal University provides various admission courses for the year 2017.
MBA course objectives:
- The objective of the SMU-DE MBA Program is to provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge of Management which helps in developing the essential management skills required to meet and participate in an increasingly international business environment.
- An MBA (Masters in Business Administration) is the most sought-after graduate degree across the globe due to the versatile nature of the program. The SMU-DE MBA program caters to working professionals looking for a significant boost in their career with the right qualifications.
- The duration of the MBA program is minimum 2 years (4 semesters) and maximum 4 years.
- 3 Year Graduation from a recognised university.
- The student must qualify in the entrance test conducted by University.
- Exemption for the entrance test conducted by the University to MBA program.
- A candidate has a score card of National / International MBA Entrance Test* and his/her score is 45 percentile or above. However, the scorecard should not be more than one-year-old at the time of admission at SMU-DE.
- First Semester payment Rs. 28,500
- Semester-wise payment for second, third and fourth Rs. 17,000
How to apply:
- University appointed counsellor contacts the student to collect the basic details. The application form link is emailed to the student.
- The student fills the application form, upload documents, makes the payment online and submit the form to the University.
- University verifies the application and the admission status is notified to the student.
BBA course objectives:
- Demonstrates a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science; professional competence in developing software and in its design and implementation.
- Develops sound practical skills in order to address problems which arise from computer systems and applications.
- Carries out the required analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications.
- Demonstrates sound presentation and communication skills, which are required in the computer industry.
10+2 or Equivalent / 3 Year Diploma from a State Board of Technical Education.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 13,950/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 2,300/-), or as revised from time to time.
- Fees may also be paid one-time (Total Fees: Rs. 83,700). Please contact University for details.
BCA course objective:
- Imparting knowledge of Computer and programming logic environment in IT.
- Develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Equipping students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professional to handle multi-tasking and multi-programming situations and to assess and develop computer-based solutions.
- Skill to work with advanced IT applications in a different business sector.
10 + 2 or equivalent / 3 Year Diploma from a State Board of Technical Education.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 13,950/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 2,300/-) or as revised from time to time. Fees may also be paid one-time ( Total Fee: Rs. 83,700).
- Contact University for details.
B.sc (I.T) course objective:
- To provide specialisation in computer science with technical, professional and communications skills.
Course duration of Master of Computer Application is minimum 3 Years and maximum 5 Years.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 15,200/- for semester 1 & 2 and Rs. 16,200/- from 3rd semester onwards (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs.2,300/-) or as revised from time to time.
- Fees may also be paid one-time (Total: Rs. 95,200). Contact University for details.
Master of Computer application course objectives:
- To equip post-graduate students with an integrated set of skills that will allow them to develop their professional careers in the area of information technology.
- The program prepares students to embrace future developments in the field and to demonstrated professional relevance.
- To equip students with the theoretical and practical knowledge that is necessary to enable them to participate in the design of large and complex Computer applications.
- Dexterity in advance programming languages, Power to build sophisticated software for a wide area of applications.
- Skills to work with higher end applications in Internet Technologies; also managerial ability to analyse, design, develop and to maintain software development.
3-year graduation from a recognised university.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 14,200/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 2,300/-) or as revised from time to time. Fees may also be paid one-time (Total Fees: Rs. 56,800).
- Contact University for details.