PEC University (formerly Punjab Engineering College) with the Joint Admission Committee 2014 offers admissions to B.E. & B. Arch courses based on the JEE(Main) -2014 All India Rank in the following institutions for the session 2014-15.
- Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly known as Dept. of Chemical Engg. & Technology)
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh (Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh)
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Sector-26 Chandigarh
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Required eligibility criteria based on Class 12/equivalent qualifying examination B.E./B. Architecture courses
- With at least 45% (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) marks in the above subjects taken together in the following subjects: 1. Language 2.Physics, 3.Mathematics4. Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5. Any other subject.
JAC follows the same eligibility as adopted by the Central Counselling board. Some important points are:
- On the basis of score in JEE (Main)-2014 and normalised score in Class 12 or equivalent qualifying exam (60%, 40% weightage respectively), All India Rank prepared by CBSE shall be used for admission to B.E./B. Tech. and B. Architecture for JAC-2014.
- The candidates belonging to scheduled caste/scheduled tribes and persons with disability (PwD) shall be eligible on the basis of relaxed criteria determined by CBSE for the year 2014 for Central Counselling as indicated above.
- The candidates belonging to backward classes shall be eligible on the basis of relaxed criteria determined by CBSE for the year 2014 for Central Counselling for other backward class (OBC) if they belong to non-creamy layer (NCL).
- All the candidates declared eligible by CBSE for BE/ B. Arch counselling are eligible for registration to B. E. & B. Arch. courses for the session 2014-15.
- A candidate who gets a compartment in the 10+2 examination held in March/April2014 will not be eligible for admission even if he/she clears the same (by appearing in the supplementary examination) before the reporting /counselling dates.
- Aggregate marks percentage in 10+2 or equivalent examination shall be worked out as suggested by the certificate awarding Board/University/Council.
- If the Board/University/Council awards letter grades without providing the equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate, should obtain a certificate from the respective Board/University/Council specifying equivalent percentage conversion formula and submit at the time of reporting/counselling. In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of the JAC-2014 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
How to apply:
- The candidate can register online for admission in any of the six institutes if he/she registers online on or before 13th July, 2014.
- Forms will be available online on the university's website from the 1st week of July, 2014.
- A registration fee of Rs. 1200/- must be paid.
- Candidates applying for sports category are required to a submit hard copy of the registration form along with two sets of photocopies of all valid documents required for claiming sports category by 16th of July, 2014, at Dr.SSBUICET, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Online registration starts from 1st week of July, 2014
- Last date for online registration is 13th July, 2014
- Candidates applying for the sports category need to submit their documents by 16th of July, 2014
- Physical verification of documents for admissions under reserved categories is 16th -17th July, 2014
For more details:
Visit the university's website, http://pec.ac.in
The details will be available on http://chdenggadmissions.nic.in/CounsInfo/Welcome.aspx
Help desk telephone No. : 0172-2753813, 2753814, 2753406, 2743407