National Institute of Technology (NIT), Manipur has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Thermal), Physics (Material Science), Chemistry (Physical, Organic), Mathematics and Electrical (Control) for the session 2016.
The institute admits Ph.D students under regular, sponsored (full time), part-time, project staff and external categories.
Ph.D in Engineering Programmes:
Candidates must have:
- Master degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the university/institute. OR
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology with an excellent academic record and with a CPI equivalent to 70% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the university/institute.
Ph.D in Science Programme: Candidates must have completed master degree in Science in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI equivalent to 60% of marks as per conversion formula prescribed by the university/institute with valid GATE score or NET qualified.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can obtain the application form from online
- For more details on application procedure, visit the university's website
- The admission to Ph.D programme will be on the based on weightage given below:
- Overall academic performance (to be fixed by the Ph.D admission committee): 70%
- Interview conducted by the department: 30%
- Last date of receive filled in application form: December 23, 2015
- Date of written test: 1st week Jan 2016
- Date of interview: 1st week Jan 2016
For more information on college and courses, visit the official website